The moringa oleifera is an Asian tree originating in India known in oriental medicine for its medicinal and nutritional properties. In impoverished regions it is one of the main sources of nutrients.
Thanks to their high adaptability and resistance that allows them to be given in a great variety of conditions, they are currently cultivated in Asia, America, Africa, the USA and in some parts of Europe. They do not need too much water, they are constant throughout the year and they are also very tall, 10-12 meters, and leafy, so they have a high yield.
The tree of life, as it is known in Asia, has great nutritional power in its small and rounded leaves. They are rich in nutrients, minerals, essential amino acids, carotene, isothiocyanates, vitamin C, potassium or proteins.
Influenced by its importance in Ayurvedic medicine, the consumption in Europe of its leaves, roots, fruits, seeds and flowers have become popular in recent years for people with nutritional deficiencies, athletes or who want to control their weight.
How does our health improve if we consume it?
- Controls the weight Its contrast between nutrients and fats allows the consumption of moringa to contribute much of the nutrients that your body needs while reducing the number of calories. Your B vitamins are the perfect helpers to improve digestion and transform food into energy. In addition, their content in glucosinolates converted into isothiocinates during digestion accelerate metabolism, thus burning calories.
- It prevents cardiovascular diseases, lowers blood pressure and reduces cholesterol Thanks to its antioxidant, hypolipidemic and anti-atherosclerotic activities.
- Antioxidant power Vitamin C, beta-carotene, quercetin and chlorogenic acid, make the absorption of sugar in the cells is reduced, also increases the antioxidant activity against free radicals and helps to protect oxidative damage.
- Anti-inflammatory power Thanks to its composition rich in isothiocyanates, flavonoids and phenolic acids. In addition, Moringa oil (known as Ben) controls chronic inflammation of the liver.
- Protects against the effects of arsenic Its toxicity is found in many common foods and groundwater so its presence has become a cause of public health concern. Moringa oleifera seed powder can protect oxidative stress and also protect soft tissues from arsenic intrusion.
- Improves digestive activity Moringa has a large amount of fiber so it improves intestinal activity. The presence of isothiocyanates offers antibacterial properties that help eliminate H.pylori bacteria, present in episodes of gastritis, ulcers and gastric cancer.
Yes, the question we are all asking is how can we consume this wonder of nature?
We have several possibilities:
– Use the fresh leaves for salads, boiled or in smoothies
– Use the moringa powder, with its characteristic green, in supplements or smoothies
– Use your oil, also known as ben oil, to fry foods or as a salad dressing
– Consume the seeds after removing the pods
– Take the cooked fruits
– Drink the power of the roots, grinding them and making infusions
– Or add the flowers as decoration to our plates with a pinch of salt
As there are times that it is difficult to find the fresh moringa, in Robis we approach this super food through vegetal capsules, MORINGA BIO.
Incorporate super foods into your life, do not wait any longer and take care!