Do you suffer from spring asthenia? Yours is not an isolated case. According to Vytal Study, carried out by the Spanish Society of Primary Care Physicians (Semergen) through a survey of citizens and family doctors, 73% of Spanish adults suffer from the symptoms of spring asthenia each year. In many cases, this affects their health, well-being and quality of life.
If you feel under the weather when Spring comes, perhaps you also suffer from this problem. We are going to know the main symptoms of spring asthenia and how to combat it effectively.
En este post podrás leer:
- Spring Asthenia: Most Frequent Symptoms
- Why the Symptoms of Spring Asthenia Appear
- How to solve the most frequent symptoms of spring asthenia
Spring Asthenia: Most Frequent Symptoms
How can we detect this illness? If you suffer from two or more of the symptoms of spring asthenia, it is likely that you are being altered by it.
But it’s important to keep in mind that these signs of spring fatigue can coincide with other health issues. That is why it is advisable to go to your primary care doctor to explain your case if the symptoms last more than 3 weeks.
- Unjustified tiredness or, without apparent cause, muscle weakness.
- Sensation of drowsiness during daytime hours that lasts throughout the day.
- Lack of energy and vitality, feeling of exhaustion that makes it difficult to face the usual activity.
- Some type of sleep disturbance, the most common being difficulty falling asleep.
- Irritability, mood swings for no reason, feeling nervous.
- Feeling of being overwhelmed or anxious.
- Lack of appetite or loss of appetite.
- Headache of different intensity.
- Decreased libido.
- Difficult to focus.
- Lack of energy, disinterest, demotivation.
Why the Symptoms of Spring Asthenia Appear
A certain date on the calendar is not the origin of the appearance of spring asthenia, but rather some issues that happen when spring arrives:
- Climate changes, such as increased temperatures and atmospheric pressure, which often alter the body and mind’s state.
- The increase in daylight hours, which become more evident and, in many cases, destabilise the routine that the body has learned for weeks.
- The time change, which implies having to advance the clock one hour, and the difficulties of the organism to adapt to the changes in the routine that this entails.
All of the above has a common consequence in the body: it alters the regulation of circadian rhythms through changes in the secretion of certain hormones. And this is one of the main causes of the appearance of the symptoms of spring asthenia.
How to solve the most frequent symptoms of spring asthenia
We are going to see some habits and actions that will help you feel better and solve the symptoms of spring asthenia.
Take Steps to Fall Asleep and Sleep Well
As we have seen, having difficulties falling asleep is a prominent symptom of spring asthenia, but it also influences the feeling of drowsiness, tiredness and lack of energy that sufferers feel during the day. And, as if that were not enough, this alters the secretion of certain hormones that are released during our hours of sleep.
That is why to combat spring asthenia it is essential to try to sleep better.
- Establish a specific routine to fall asleep from a couple of weeks before the official time change.
- Help yourself with natural products that favour sleep conciliation and improve its quality. For example, with melatonin or valerian food supplements. You can find them at Robis, manufacturers of food supplements.
- Create a comfortable environment that helps you sleep well. No loud noises, in semi-darkness and with a suitable room temperature is the best option.
Anticipate the Time Change to Avoid Spring Asthenia
As far as possible, do not wait for the official time change to modify your schedules and routines. This way, it will cost you less to adapt. You will be then acting on one of the various causes of spring asthenia, so you are able to avoid its symptoms.
Take Action to Reduce Stress and Improve your Vitality
- Perform moderate physical exercise to help you release energy and keep your body running.
- Consider taking royal jelly to improve your energy and vitality.
- Take a few minutes a day to relax through an activity that you like, or doing relaxation.
Take Care of your Diet
- Follow a healthy, balanced and complete diet. If you cannot do so for any reason, consult the suitability of taking food supplements.
- Keep your body hydrated.
- Avoid abusing caffeine and other stimulants.
You already know the most frequent symptoms of spring asthenia and how to combat them. Don’t wait until you feel bad to solve it. If you want to be up-to-date with all of all our news, follow us on our social media and subscribe to our newsletter!