How to Lower Cholesterol Naturally: Best Ways to Achieve this Goal
According to a recent study by the Spanish Society of Cardiology, in Spain more than half of its inhabitants have high cholesterol, but only 46.4% of these people know it. Knowing if you have hypercholesterolemia is necessary to solve it. Learning how to lower cholesterol naturally is the easiest way to prevent it from becoming a problem.
En este post podrás leer:
- How to Lower Cholesterol Naturally: the Keys that will Help You Achieve It
- Limit the Consumption of Cholesterol-Rich Foods in your Diet
- Help Yourself with Specific Food Supplements to Control Cholesterol Naturally
- Include More Soluble Fiber in your Diet if You are Considering How to Lower Cholesterol Naturally
- To Naturally Lower Cholesterol, regularly Consume Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- How to Lower Cholesterol Naturally with Good Eating Habits
- Adopt Good Lifestyle Habits that Help you Lower Cholesterol Naturally
How to Lower Cholesterol Naturally: the Keys that will Help You Achieve It
Limit the Consumption of Cholesterol-Rich Foods in your Diet
As it is logical, avoiding consuming lots of cholesterol foods is the first key for those who are thinking about how to lower cholesterol naturally. So, if you regularly eat foods like the following, please try to cut down on eating the following:
- Full-fat dairy products.
- Red meats.
- Cured sausages.
- Low quality meats.
- Offal and similar organ meats.
- Industrial bakery.
- Ultra processed foods.
Help Yourself with Specific Food Supplements to Control Cholesterol Naturally
Some foods or natural substances have properties that help lower your cholesterol. A good example is red yeast rice, that can help you curb the excessive production of cholesterol in the liver thanks to its natural content of monacolins.
Food supplements such as Tonarobis , Garcinia Complex or Red Yeast Rice from the manufacturer of organic products robis.com help reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood.
You can consult with your GP about which one is right for you and what other habits will help you lower your cholesterol.
Include More Soluble Fiber in your Diet if You are Considering How to Lower Cholesterol Naturally
Why are foods rich in soluble fibre good for lowering cholesterol? Because they prevent the digestive tract from absorbing it. Thus, part of the cholesterol present in some foods will not pass into the body, but will be removed with the rest of our feces.
And what foods are rich in soluble fibre?
- Whole grain cereals.
- Cereal bran such as wheat and oats.
- Fruits and vegetables such as plums or cabbage, among many others.
To Naturally Lower Cholesterol, regularly Consume Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Did you know that omega-3 helps raise the so-called good cholesterol or HDL? In itself, it does not reduce bad cholesterol or LDL, but it manages to alter its balance by increasing the good cholesterol, whose benefits mitigate and help reduce the negative effects of bad cholesterol.
And how to consume it? You can do this through supplements and also by including oily fish in your diet. Of course, remember that to avoid the degradation of these beneficial fatty acids, you must cook this type of fish at a low temperature.
How to Lower Cholesterol Naturally with Good Eating Habits
Diet is key to lowering cholesterol. Therefore, whoever is thinking about how to lower cholesterol naturally must change certain eating habits.
- Reduce salt intake in your diet. The ideal is not to exceed a daily teaspoon, so you will help reduce the risk of coronary heart diseases that are aggravated by high cholesterol.
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables rich in plant stanols or sterols daily.
- Substitute harmful fats such as lard, butter, hydrogenated fats or palm oil for healthier ones such as olive oil and nuts. That said, do not abuse them in terms of quantity.
- Avoid consuming fried foods and try to cook with little fat, always choosing what is considered healthy.
Adopt Good Lifestyle Habits that Help you Lower Cholesterol Naturally
Are lifestyle habits to combat hypercholesterolemia that important? The answer is ‘yes.’ Combining them with the right diet and the use of specific food supplements are key to keeping cholesterol under control.
And how to lower cholesterol naturally by adopting good lifestyle habits?
- Increase your physical activity and exercise daily. Always adapted to your age, state of health and fitness.
- Have a walk. The ideal, unless you suffer from a physical problem that prevents you, is a walk of at least 20 minutes every day.
- If you smoke, quit tobacco.
- Take steps to stay at a healthy body weight. If you are overweight, consider how to lose weight in a healthy way. Avoid miracle diets.
- Avoid the consumption of high-proof alcohol. Do not abuse wine, cider or beer and have only an occasional consumption of these drinks.
If you are thinking about how to lower cholesterol naturally, keep these recommendations in mind. And remember the importance of blood tests to know the level of cholesterol in your blood, perform them frequently and take into account the recommendations of your GP.