Sun and heat are two of the factors that damage the skin during the summer season. Keeping your moisturized skin in summer is key to keeping it smooth, elastic and firm. This applies to both facial and body skin.
Keep in mind that the lack of moisture in the skin dries it out and can cause itching and discomfort, makes it dull, makes the tan less even and may cause spots or discoloration problems. It also contributes to the lack of firmness of the complexion, accelerates the appearance of wrinkles and gives it a neglected appearance. Moisturizing the skin in summer is therefore of the utmost importance for health, well-being and beauty.
En este post podrás leer:
- How to protect your skin from the sun?
- Moisturized skin in summer: keys to keeping a healthy skin
How to protect your skin from the sun?
Protect your skin from sun exposure with UV filters
The sun is the main enemy of skin hydration in summer. Therefore, if you want to keep it hydrated and cared for, it is essential to protect it. This does not mean that you have to lead a cloistered life, nor that you can only go out at night or on rainy days, if there are any.
It’s as simple as using a sunscreen with UV filters every day for your skin, not just when you go sunbathing or want to tan. Also when you go for a walk, go to work or shopping, sit on a terrace for a drink or go out for sports. On all occasions apply sunscreen appropriate for your skin type to your face and areas such as your arms.
Other measures to protect the skin from the sun and keep it hydrated
- During the hours of high sunlight, try to walk in shaded areas.
- Wear sunglasses to protect the delicate skin of the eyelids and eye contour.
- Wear summer hats to protect the skin from sun exposure.
Moisturized skin in summer: keys to keeping a healthy skin
Reap all the benefits of natural food supplements
Did you know that hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid helps keep your body hydrated and that helps keep your skin hydrated in summer? And what vitamins, minerals and trace elements help keep skin from drying out?
In this regard, it values the use of appropriate food supplements for skin care and hydration. You can find these supplements in robis.es for skin care in summer as Collagen Complex or Levavida and others such as Super collagen hydrolyzed chocolate flavor or orange flavor version.
Drink healthy fluids to maintain skin hydration during the summer
Keep in mind that some liquids contribute to dehydrate the skin. This is the case of alcoholic beverages, above all, but also of sweetened and carbonated soft drinks.
On the other hand, others help to keep the skin hydrated in summer, starting with natural water and flavored waters. But also fruit juices, cold raw vegetable soups such as the traditional gazpacho and sugar-free lemonade.
Include in your diet foods rich in water that hydrate your body
A body with a good amount of water keeps your organs hydrated and the skin is the most extensive of the body. Enjoying a healthy diet rich in foods with a high percentage of water, vitamins and minerals is ideal for nourished skin.
Fresh fruits and vegetables are the foods that contribute most to the hydration of the body. Foods such as watermelon, cucumber, lettuce, melon or tomato help you hydrate from within. Yogurt is also a good food for your summer diet.
Avoid bad practices that dehydrate your skin
There are some habits or practices that you should avoid to enjoy a hydrated skin in summer.
- Don’t wait until you are thirsty to drink water. When your body sends this signal, there are already signs of dehydration.
- Smoking contributes to dehydration of the body and dry skin.
- Avoid snacks and salty foods and try to replace them with healthier alternatives. Regular consumption of products such as salty snacks or cured and salted sausages and salted meats is not recommended in summer.
- Don’t forget to cleanse your skin daily, remove makeup properly and use moisturizer.
- Avoid bathing in very hot water , which deteriorates the skin’s natural protective barrier.
As you can see, these are very simple tips to follow, as well as to keep up to date with all the news and the best recommendations through our social networks or newsletter, follow us or subscribe to stay up to date, we are waiting for you!