Do you know how to take care of your skin in summer to keep it beautiful and healthy? The sun, heat, chlorine or saltpetre can contribute to damaging your skin. To avoid these and other aggressions typical of summer, it is important to take preventive measures and others that restore the good condition of the skin at this time of year.
En este post podrás leer:
- How to Take Care of Your Skin in Summer: Tips and Advice
- Protect Yourself from Solar Radiation If You Are Worried about How to Take Care of Your Skin in Summer
- Provide your Body With Antioxidants and Vitamins to Take Care of Your Dermis in Summer
- Hydrated and Nourished Skin: Beautiful and Healthy Skin in Summer
- Take Advantage of the Power of Collagen to Keep the Good Structure of Your Skin in Summer
- Effective Tips to Help you Take Care of Your Skin in Summer
How to Take Care of Your Skin in Summer: Tips and Advice
Protect Yourself from Solar Radiation If You Are Worried about How to Take Care of Your Skin in Summer
The sun provides positive things to the body. For example, it helps the synthesis of vitamin D. However, it can also be devastating for the good condition of the skin. If you do not protect yourself from solar radiation, you can suffer burns, peeling and even the dreaded skin cancer.
For this reason, it is essential that you use photoprotection on your face and body. And not only when you go to sunbathe, but also when walking, playing sports, going to and from work or sitting on a terrace to have a drink. In short, whenever solar radiation is going to affect your skin, it is advisable that you have previously taken measures by applying a specific UV protectant product for your skin and areas of your body that are visible.
Provide your Body With Antioxidants and Vitamins to Take Care of Your Dermis in Summer
To combat the effect of free radicals on the skin, cell oxidation and promote cell renewal, your body needs antioxidants, provided through nutrition, food supplements and suitable creams or serums, for example.
In addition, beta-carotene will help you take care of your skin, favouring a beautiful and healthy tan.
Hydrated and Nourished Skin: Beautiful and Healthy Skin in Summer
Another key point when considering how to take care of your skin in summer is to combat dryness. The sun, heat, sea breeze or saltpetre contribute to skin dryness. It is important to provide adequate hydration to compensate for these problems.
Natural products like coconut oil help you moisturise and nourish the skin. It is ideal to apply these after sunbathing. And also every night before going to bed or every day after the shower or bath.
But not only topical care is important. It is also necessary that you improve the hydration of your body through food. How?
- Drink the recommended daily amount of water for healthy people, approximately 1.5 litres or 2 litres per day.
- Add more fresh raw fruits and vegetables to your diet, especially those with a high percentage of water, such as watermelon, cucumber or courgettes, among others.
- Reduce the salt in your diet. It is better to avoid strongly salty foods or snacks. Replace them with healthier alternatives with seasoning that don’t contribute to dehydration, such as spices, fresh herbs, or a dash of citrus juice.
Take Advantage of the Power of Collagen to Keep the Good Structure of Your Skin in Summer
Another key point when deciding how to take care of your skin in summer is to keep in mind that dry skin also affects its structure. The loss of elasticity, flexibility and firmness is greater due to the action of the sun and dehydration.
But how can we combat these problems and take care of the skin?
Collagen is the protein that is responsible for giving structure to the skin, and your body needs it during summer more than at other times of the year. You should provide your body with it if your body does not produce enough collagen.
How? Collagen supplements and collagen–rich creams are the solution. The double internal and external stimulation will help you avoid the loss of firmness and elasticity that ages the appearance of the skin and that deteriorates and impoverishes its appearance.
Effective Tips to Help you Take Care of Your Skin in Summer
- Keep your skin clean. Don’t forget to remove your makeup.
- Do not opt for showers with very hot water that can break the skin protection barrier.
- Dry yourself well with a towel when you get out of the pool, sea or swamp with. Wind and humidity can favour its dryness.
- Wear clothing that does not feel tight and does not retain sweat on your skin.
- If you play sports in summer, wear comfortable clothes that do not rub the skin already punished by the sun.
- If you are going to wax, choose methods that will not imply an added aggression on your skin.
Are you going to write down these tips for the heat? You should! Also, now that the sun is going to stay out for a good time, you have to be careful and apply sunscreen often. Do you want to keep up with all our news? Follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter!