Calcium and phosphorus, how do they help us?
Calcium and phosphorus are two nutrients that the body needs for a wide variety of processes. Their deficiency causes problems and their separate action is as important as their balance in the organism. For this reason, both in food and in food supplementation, the amount taken must be balanced. In addition, calcium aids in the absorption of phosphorus, so a diet rich in phosphorus but poor in calcium is of little use.
Both minerals are the most present in the human body. The first place in the ranking is occupied by calcium, followed by phosphorus. This already gives you a sample of their importance for health and the proper functioning of the body and how necessary it is to provide these minerals to avoid deficits.
En este post podrás leer:
- Find out what calcium and phosphorus do for us
- Basic for a great diversity of biochemical reactions of the organism at the cellular level.
- Phosphorus and calcium are essential for the formation and good condition of teeth and bones.
- Most outstanding health and wellness benefits of phosphorus
- Most relevant benefits of calcium for health and well-being
- Calcium and phosphorus: what happens when not enough is supplied to the body?
Find out what calcium and phosphorus do for us
Do you know how these minerals help you and what are their most important benefits ? Let’s take a look at it to better understand its relevance. Including them in the diet is essential and if necessary you can combine them with food supplements. You can find this help in the organic food supplements at robis.com.
Basic for a great diversity of biochemical reactions of the organism at the cellular level.
In addition to these two minerals, magnesium is also necessary for many cellular processes. Thus, they become essential elements for its optimum operation. Among these reactions is their work in the production of protein for the growth, preservation and repair of cells and, therefore, also of tissues.
Phosphorus and calcium are essential for the formation and good condition of teeth and bones.
The importance of calcium for the formation and good condition of bones and teeth is well known, but the importance of phosphorus in this process is not so well known. Both minerals are key to this, although their work in achieving a strong bone system is different.
The phosphorus content of the diet has an important effect on calcium absorption. Calcium, as it is stored in the bones to provide them with the necessary structure and rigidity.
Together, they enable proper bone development in childhood and help prevent the onset of osteoporosis in later life. In addition, they help prevent bone fracture problems due to bone weakness.
Most outstanding health and wellness benefits of phosphorus
- It produces energy necessary for the proper functioning of the vital processes carried out by the organism.
- It is essential for muscle function. Without the proper amount, muscle movements are altered or rendered impossible.
- Helps the optimal absorption of other nutrients such as vitamins.
- It naturally contributes to the hormonal balance that the body needs and that, in turn, influences countless key processes for health and well-being: metabolism, reproductive health, quality sleep or good mood, are just some of them.
- Contributes to the body’s pH balance.
- Helps maintain proper cognitive and neuronal functions .
- It is necessary for brain function. It helps in processes such as concentration and memory. This is why it is considered especially necessary at certain times of life. Among them, for students in times of exams and in older adults for their contribution to maintain their cognitive abilities.
Most relevant benefits of calcium for health and well-being
- It participates in muscle contraction.
- Contributes to proper blood clotting and optimal circulation through the blood vessels.
- It participates in the excretion of exocrine glands and other chemicals necessary for the optimal functioning of the organism.
- It is key to the normal maintenance of heart rhythm.
- Finally, it is essential for the functioning of the central nervous system because of its involvement in sending and receiving nerve signals.
Calcium and phosphorus: what happens when not enough is supplied to the body?
With the above you can already get an idea of their importance by seeing how they help the body. Butwhat happens if there is a calcium and phosphorus deficit?
- Rickets and other growth problems may occur.
- Bone weakness can translate into increased risk of fractures, due to osteoporosis.
- Increased likelihood of tooth decay, even with optimal oral hygiene.
- Metabolism problems with illogical weight loss and gain.
- Anxiety states.
- Difficulty concentrating and lack of energy.
- Appearance of muscle cramps, spasms and muscle stiffness.
- Tingling sensation in extremities, lips or even tongue.
- Brittle nails and dry skin.
As you can see, calcium and phosphorus is a pair of minerals whose importance in our organism is extremely high. In case of a deficit of these elements, your doctor will have to recommend the best way to increase them and this can be through natural food supplements. Do you want to keep up to date with the best news, novelties and products? Then feel free to follow us on our social networks or subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know about them. We are waiting for you!